Another Fatal Encounter Between Black Men & Police: Freddie Gray

Baltimore 25-year-old Freddie Gray died on of a severe spinal injury after police captured him. Gray, who was halted April 12 after a foot interest through a few several housing complexes , ought to have gotten medicinal attention at the scene of his arrest, said Deputy Police Commissioner Kevin Davis. A witness said the man was hollering and showed he was experiencing breathing issues. 

Examiners are attempting to take in more about Gray’s condition at each of the three stops the van made on some way or another to a police headquarters.

At the first stop, Gray was put in leg irons. The driver ceased a second time “to deal with Mr. Gray and the facts of that interaction are under investigation ,” Davis said. The van ceased once again to include a second detainee.

Batts told columnists that at the third stop an officer saw Gray on the floor of the van, requesting a doctor. The officer and the van driver lifted him up and put him on the seat, the comissioner said.

At the point when the van landed at the Western District station, police required an emergency vehicle, said Davis, who is responsible for the examination.

Gray was captured after police discovered what they said was a switchblade on him. A lawyer for Gray’s family has said the blade was a folding knife of lawful size. 

The police say Gray didn’t avoid capture and that officers didn’t us force, which is by all accounts for the most part authenticated by feature shot by onlookers. Gray appears to yell in agony, and his leg appears to be harmed as officers drag him to a police van.

Gray likewise had asthma and asked for his inhaler, yet didn’t get it. Yet its not the leg or the asthma that slaughtered him. Rather, it was a grave damage to his spinal string. Dark’s family said he was dealt with for three cracked vertebrae and a pulverized voice box.

In the height of his funeral April 19th, Citizens of Baltimore want answers. Protesters began to rally in the streets. The rallies made a turn when a small group of protestors began rioting, looting and committing arson. A demonstrator raises his fist as police stand in formation as a store burns, Monday, April 27, 2015, during unrest following the funeral of Freddie Gray in Baltimore. <span class=meta>AP Photo/Patrick Semansky</span>

Gray’s twin sister deplored the violence.

“My family wants to say, ‘Can y’all please, please stop the violence,’ “ Fredericka Gray said Saturday night. “Freddie Gray would not want this.”

For more information check out CNN or the NY Times.

photocredit: Google Images, Chip Somodevilla-Getty Images, and ABC


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s